Sunday 21 October 2012

When is it Time to Stop?


Deep breath... "Hi, my name is Lindsay and I am a Filofax addict..."

I bought my first Filofax in February 2011, it is now October 2012 and I have 42. And there are another two on the way (along with a couple of flex folders), which are going to be amazing by the way!!!

I am simply unable to resist these beauties, but it's getting worse. It wasn't until I saw a Temperley on Philofaxy's Adspot page for £150 and (despite not wanting a Temperley) I came very close to emailing the seller to buy it, that I realised that I may have a bit of a problem. But... it was the Guinea, not the Affair, and I have held one previously, ... and actually it was rather nice (super strokeable)... maybe it was only really the £400 price tag that put me off...

Oops, just got distracted as I thought I should check out the Guinea again and look for some reviews, so have just lost about 45 minutes of my day...

Is it time for me to stop adding to my collection? Or would the Guinea be the crowning piece in my collection? It would look beautiful on the top shelf of my display case with the minis and pockets worshipping it...

Maybe all is not lost - after all, it's not like I'm starting to feel the need of the Apex or the iKat...

LJx

12 comments:

  1. If you ever get the feeling to buy one of those go to filofaxy and someone will be sure to talk you out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah right!!! They are the biggest bunch of enablers I know - I love them all!!! :o)

      Delete
  2. I think if you're asking this sort of question, you already know the answer. :) Nevertheless, the addiction is a strong one...as I know from personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha!!! I'm taking that to imply that I really should try to get that Guinea :o)

      Delete
  3. Nooooooooooooooooo Don't do it!!! Don't get a Guinea!!! It's a LOT of money for something that, had anyone else designed (if even actually made) would have a price tag of only a fraction of the price. Don't get caught up in that when there are far better way's to spend £150!!!

    I could by a whole stack of paper, some new ink for the printer, and a new fountain pen with ink and probably still have change from £150! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be pleased to know that I have resisted.... OK, not exactly resisted... I tried OK!!! But someone else got there first :o) Does that give me an excuse to now spend £150 on other stationery stuff for me...hmmm...?

      Delete
  4. Well done for resisting long enough for someone else to get there first, i'm really proud of you haha :-)

    Time we went to FA (Filofax Anoymnous) :-o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha!!! We definitely need to join that group, but that would just make us sad :o( Tee hee hee!!!

      Delete
  5. Well, if you were eyeing up the Apex we would be concerned ;)
    I think you're amongst friends here... I find it quite confusing as I'm not this way about any other material belongings! I think 44 is an awesome number if you enjoy them & you're not getting into debt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will run out of space in my display case before I start getting into debt :o) My A5 bronze Domino Snake has arrived - thanks for your post that was clearly a sign that it was meant to be :o)

      Delete
  6. Still catching up on your shitload of posts.

    There was an Amazona A5 on ebay last week. I didn't particularly want an Amazona and I don't really want another A5...but it was RED. I kept going back and forth...do I bid or not? Proud to say that I talked myself out of it. Now if it was a Personal, it would be on it's way to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you - I'm very proud of you lol x :o)

      Delete