Saturday 13 April 2013

Finchleys and Deskfaxes

The waiting is over (for now) and my Finchley's have arrived. They came special delivery, along with not one, but two deskfaxes.

I won't go into full details about pocket layouts etc, as most people are pretty au fait with them. Here is a link to Alice's blog if you want to see more detailed shots.

I think these two complete my Finchley family - I don't think I need any more. The colours of the Finchleys complement each other beautifully. I will do a brief post about my Finchley family in the not too distant future.

The flash has washed the green out a bit, it's a slightly
darker colour than this...

Waiting to go in their new home, where I have saved them
space next to their sister, Miss Vintage Rose
One of the reasons why I love the Finchleys, the lovely
stitching, including on the clasp

For today we will continue to the desk faxes, Richmond & Windsor. Both are brown, although the Windsor is a much warmer shade, unfortunately the picture doesn't show that very well.

Richmond Deskfax

Windsor Deskfax
The Richmond is much sturdier than the Windsor. Both have clearly seen a fair amount of usage, as witnessed by the various marks from general wear and tear (nothing big).

Windsor with minor (and slightly odd) marks

Internal layout of the Windsor - secretarial pocket on the left,
complete with ID slot and 8 credit card slots, and large zipped
pocket, notepad slot on the right

The clasp & pen loops (two) have seen some work :-)
No gaps in these rings...
Internal layout of the Richmond - 2 open pockets, a zipped
8 credit card slots and a smaller pocket on the left, with a
notepad slot and a further full length pocket on the right 

Richmond's clasp and pen loops (two again) - Richmond
arrived with a few inserts.

Again, good rings with no gaps 
A few rust marks 
 The ring mechanism on the Richmond has small amounts of rust, so needs a little TLC, and I have given both a little love with some beeswax polish when they arrived, just to give them a bit of a treat.

I was (and still am) amazed at the lovely condition that these vintage babies arrived in...

LJx



6 comments:

  1. What size rings do the deskfaxes have? And what plans do you have for them?? They're huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem huge, but actually they are between A5 & A4 size. At the moment I have no idea what I will do with them. They may turn out to be the perfect size for sketching if I'm ever brave enough to try :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the colors! They look so soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely and puffy soft (if that makes any sense?) :-)

      Delete
  3. I just bought a Deskfax Kensington and a punch. I have several Richmonds and Windsor in Personal size, which I use a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m looking forward to trying out the Deskfaxes - I prefer the Windsor, but am thinking the sturdiness of the Richmond may make it more practical for sketching (although I have never been able to draw to save my life - I´d like to be creative, but generally I´m not, one of the drawbacks of being an accountant I fear). :-)

      Delete