Sunday 28 July 2013

Anniversary Filofaxes and Later Purchases...

Hi All,

OK - so, many of you know that I bought a load of Filofaxes off eBay back in February, but I had to wait for many of them to arrive, and then got distracted by a host of other things so didn't get round to doing posts about them all individually.

Since then I have also bought a few others, so rather than doing lots of posts I'm just doing one which will be VERY picture heavy...  I'm not going to do lots of photos of each one as there are plenty of full reviews out there, so sit back and enjoy :-)

(I'll apologise now for the picture quality as well as I was totally unable to get the flash to work today for some reason - very annoying).

Pockets - green Botanic and brown Domino

Personals - brown Kendal and blue Piccadilly
Personal Clangers and pocket Bagpuss
Bagpuss inserts - complete with cute quotes including
"A ship? In a bottle? Where would it sail to?"
Clangers dividers - complete with indexed address pages
The Clangers inserts are well worth a quick review - this came with Communication/Meeting, Expenses, Goals/Notes, Monthly Planner, Weekly Planner, Diary Planner (???), and Projects sheets, along with ruled paper.
Clangers inserts
Monthly and Weekly Planner sheets (undated)
Diary Planner (labelled 8 - 19, any ideas?) and Project sheets
I have no idea what make the next planner is, but I can tell you that it is the softest planner I have ever felt - it just feels utterly luxurious.
Personal - black lambskin non-Filofax planner.
Flat, flat, flat - and did I mention... super-soft!!!
These are the last of my eBay finds - a fabulous group of vintage items
Writing cases and lovely old Filofax
Writing case layouts
Missing cap - I may try to fix this, or I may just leave it
alone - it is old and has obviously been well loved :-)
I love the inside of this - small rings, model...? I'm not sure
This may offer a clue... but not to me :-)
And now on to my non-eBay purchases...

Firstly, the lovely Chrissie, from the wonderful blog Chrissie's Universe, had this little beauty up for sale, and as I'd swapped out my ochre one i just couldn't resist...

Unfortunately the lighting was shocking, but this is
the fabulous purple Malden, along with the lovely
Vogue postcard that Chrissie sent with it :-)
My final (until now) purchases came from Margaret of Write at Home - a great online shop that stocks various stationery items, ships internationally and is very helpful. If she doesn't have it available on her website it's always worth sending a mail to see if she can get hold of it :-)

Back to School in green - looking forward to writing
my name on this one (and possibly adding a bit of
graffiti)
Originals - A5 in patent Fuschia and personal
in yellow (a proper bright sunflower yellow)
Not Filofaxes - but Margaret also stocks some of the
Gorjuss range, so I just had to get some
Now all I need to do is find somewhere to store these new gorgeous beings... maybe I can rent a shop (not to sell anything, just so I can have it all beautifully displayed). Tee hee hee.

LJx


9 comments:

  1. A CLANGERS filo?? LOL!! I adored the Clangers as a child. The planner is so cute. Diary planner page looks like a Daily page with 24-hour clock times covering 'working/study' hours 8am-7pm.

    I think your vintage with cap missing is a Winchester. Made in England, calf leather and ... 1/2" rings if I'm reading that correctly. I have one in burgundy just like it only with 7/8" rings.

    Thanks for sharing these with us, Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - 8am to 7pm, that would make sense... sometimes I really should wake up :o)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I second the Winchester. There's a black one for sale today on eBay US that looks just like yours. If only it were red, I'd be all over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep looking - one may appear one day :-)

      Delete
  3. Now, I'm seriously jealous clanger's Filofax ... love love and bagpuss where did you get them.... got the characters on video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them on eBay - looks like noone else wanted them, and I couldn´t just leave them there to be put on and taken off again and again, poor things... :o)

      Delete
  4. Soup Dragon dividers - how awesome would that have been?!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete